As part of our core business values, we take a responsible, ethical, transparent and fair processing approach in respect of data protection and are committed to ensuring that the
"Process or processing" of your data refers to the collection and any management of it, including but not limited to the storing, recording or disclosure.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
We collect or receive your personal data when you visit or use our website or services via the following methods:
- Direct communications with you, for example, through meetings, telephone, mobile, website, email, mail, mobile app, client surveys (which you will have consented to), applications for any purpose which may include the opening of an account, placing a booking, submitting feedback or an enquiry;
- Your IP address and device type, which may be provided automatically when you are browsing through our website using cookies (please see the Cookies section below for further information) and similar tracking technologies;
- Third parties such as other websites, service review companies, web analytics services, online advertising services, our existing or potential clients, passengers and other companies such as private hire businesses or credit reference agencies.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED OR RECEIVED
We may collect or receive the following types of personal data:
- Identity data including your full name, title, gender, occupation, job title, employer details, company details, vat registration details, credit references, postal addresses, email addresses and telephone/ mobile numbers;
- Sensitive data under the “Special Category” including health/ medical details and photos for client/ passenger identification purposes only;
- Children’s identity data including, full names, age, gender, home and school postal addresses, telephone/ mobile numbers as provided by their adult representative;
- Information relevant to client surveys and/ or offers;
- Client feedback or queries;
- Financial and transaction data including bank account and payment details;
- Technical and usage data from your use of our website and services;
- Personal travel information/ itinerary that you provide upon placing a booking or making an enquiry.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS USED
Personal data will be managed transparently, fairly and in line with the current applicable law and regulations. Following these principles, we will not sell, lease or distribute your personal data to any third parties for either their own or another third party’s marketing purposes.
However, your personal data enables us to provide you with a private hire service or other such related services and assists us in identifying and understanding your needs. It may also be used for the following processing purposes:
- Lawful Process: To comply with our legal obligations generally, including the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 which relates to licensed Private Hire Operators or with any other applicable law or regulation. Also, for commencement or defence of legal claims or for resolving of any disputes. Where information has been requested by the law enforcement bodies, courts, public or local authorities, government bodies including HMRC, we shall respond in order to assist with such requests.
- Legitimate Business Interests: In order to provide you with support in using our services and for logistics planning, management information, confirming your booking with the designated driver, tracking booked journeys, responding to feedback forms, enquiries or complaints, reviewing applications, sending invoices and statements to you for collecting payments, debt management and/ or analysing credit risk;
- Our Contractual Obligations: To fully perform our contractual obligations and provide you with quotations or information as requested in accordance with our services and to contact you in respect of operational communications or your private client/ corporate account with us;
- Strictly subject to your preferences and where we have your consent, we may contact you by email, phone, mail or social media in respect of marketing, changes to our services or request for your feedback/ review on our services. You may be contacted by third party companies following your consent to provide service reviews. Please note, that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us;
- Website Improvement: We analyse your use of websites so that we can tailor and improve your browsing experience as well as use of our services;
- Corporate Restructuring: Upon re-organisation, purchase, sale, merger or acquisition of our business.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may be required to share your personal data with the following categories of third parties in the course of our business as necessary to fulfil any legal obligations and for the proper operation of our website and services:
- Law enforcement bodies, courts, public or local authorities, HMRC, central or local government bodies, fraud protection and prevention services;
- Trusted third party service providers, suppliers and partners who provide us support in areas such as IT and website development, web analytics services, hosting, online and other advertising services, transport despatch system, telephone software, service review companies, administrative, payment processing, corporate, accounting/ auditing, legal, debt management, printing, monitoring, credit reference, research and development; other private hire companies (for outsourcing bookings);
- Designated drivers.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS STORED
We securely store personal data electronically on our transport despatch systems, computer network, databases, mobile phones, PDAs, other electronic devices, in hard copy format and in the cloud.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
We are committed to safeguarding your information and have put in place electronic and organisational procedures to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of the personal data collected including encryption wherever possible and periodic reviews of our security measures. Although we have been advised by the cloud service organisations that provide our hosting, data storage and other related services, that they apply adequate security measures for the protection of the personal data that they hold, we will not be liable for damages (to the fullest extent permitted in law) resulting from their misuse of the personal data or other information.
Please be advised, that no method of electronic storage or transmission over the internet is ever completely secure and subsequently, the Company cannot guarantee its security.
We use third party analytics tool provider, Google Analytics. In order to measure how users, interact with our website and for the purpose of benchmarking, they place cookies on devices when users visit our website to directly collect and store visit data and such other information including the identities of the device type as well as the country in which it is located, the time zone, operating system, IP address, browser type, domain and referring URLs.
Please be advised that by using our website, you agree for our cookies (as listed below) to be placed on your device. However, you have the option to decline the above cookies and prevent your data being used by Google Analytics via downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. For other types of cookies, you can generally modify your web browser settings.
|Type of Cookie used by Google Analytics||Purpose||Categorisation||Default Expiration Time|
Provides each of our visitors a unique ID to monitor whether they are regular or new users of our website.
After 2 years
Determines new sessions or visits to the website pages including the duration.
After 30 minutes
Used in conjunction with _ _utmb for the above purposes.
End of browser session
Determines the source of the user, identifying where they came from prior to their visit to our website.
After 6 months
Please see below your rights (subject to conditions as provided under the GDPR) in respect of your personal data:
- Right of access: You can request a copy of your personal data as well as obtain confirmation on how and why it is being processed.
- Right to rectification: You can request for inaccurate personal data held about you to be amended or incomplete personal data to be completed.
- Right to erasure: You can request to have your personal data erased (also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’).
- Right to restrict processing: You can request to place a restriction on the processing of your personal data and limit the way it is used.
- Right to data portability: You can request to obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/ or have it transferred to another data controller.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling: You have the right to not have decisions regarding your personal data to be solely based on automated processing, including profiling which can have legal or other significant effects.
- Rights related to marketing: You have the right to amend your marketing preferences or opt out of receiving marketing material from us.
Please be advised that limiting or erasing your personal data can affect the way that we provide services to you.
477 - 479 Whippendell Road
Telephone number: 01923 510101
You have the right to contact the supervisory authority at the Information Commissioner’s office (ICO) which is the UK authority responsible for data protection at any time. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to deal with your concerns first so please do not hesitate to contact us initially.